How To: Hair Strand Test - When Using Hair Lightener/Bleach
June 28, 2017
To test the shade result and check the development time of the Smart Blonde or Bleach it
• You must carry out a strand test prior to lightening your hair as results may vary
• Cut a small amount of hair from an area which is hidden and tie one end securely with a piece of cotton or a piece of sticky tape
• Place the test strands onto a piece of kitchen foil or cling film
• Make a note of the start time, use the application brush provided to apply a small amount of the mixed Smart Lightening Cream onto the strands of hair, ensuring sufficient coverage
• Keeping the test strands straight, fold the tin foil in half to create a pocket around the hair
• After 20 minutes scrape the Smart Lightening Cream from the strands to check the shade and personal development time. If it has not yet developed, re-apply the Smart Lightening Cream to the hair and check every 10 minutes until your desired shade is achieved DO NOT EXCEED 60
• Once you have reached your desired shade or the maximum time of 60 minutes has been reached, note the time and rinse the strands until the water runs clear
• Heat the strands with hairdryer until completely dry
• Clean the application brush, non metallic mixing bowl and your protective gloves in cool running water.
The two-tone ombré hair is one of the longest-running hair colouring trends. Ombré means “shadow” or “shade” in French. It’s the colouring technique used to create a gradual blend from one shade to another. It’s a fun, creative and low-maintenance hair colour idea. You literally can forget about your roots for months.
So you dyed your hair earlier this month, and just this morning, you were greeted with dulled-out hair color. Sounds harsh; we understand your pain!Faded hair colorcan be a nuisance, as the blondes turn yellow and the red in your head simply fades away.
Hair colour can only last for so long, and there comes a time when you get bored with your current hair colour and want a little pick-me-up. But, there’s always the issue of damaging your hair from bleach. Bleach is a harsh chemical and could end up damaging your hair if you’re not careful. So, to avoid that, to remove the colors safely, we suggest you do a bleach bath or bleach wash for your hair instead of simply bleaching