How To: Hair Strand Test - When Using Hair Lightener/Bleach
June 28, 2017
To test the shade result and check the development time of the Smart Blonde or Bleach it
• You must carry out a strand test prior to lightening your hair as results may vary
• Cut a small amount of hair from an area which is hidden and tie one end securely with a piece of cotton or a piece of sticky tape
• Place the test strands onto a piece of kitchen foil or cling film
• Make a note of the start time, use the application brush provided to apply a small amount of the mixed Smart Lightening Cream onto the strands of hair, ensuring sufficient coverage
• Keeping the test strands straight, fold the tin foil in half to create a pocket around the hair
• After 20 minutes scrape the Smart Lightening Cream from the strands to check the shade and personal development time. If it has not yet developed, re-apply the Smart Lightening Cream to the hair and check every 10 minutes until your desired shade is achieved DO NOT EXCEED 60
• Once you have reached your desired shade or the maximum time of 60 minutes has been reached, note the time and rinse the strands until the water runs clear
• Heat the strands with hairdryer until completely dry
• Clean the application brush, non metallic mixing bowl and your protective gloves in cool running water.
So you dyed your hair earlier this month, and just this morning, you were greeted with dulled-out hair color. Sounds harsh; we understand your pain!Faded hair colorcan be a nuisance, as the blondes turn yellow and the red in your head simply fades away.
Hair colour can only last for so long, and there comes a time when you get bored with your current hair colour and want a little pick-me-up. But, there’s always the issue of damaging your hair from bleach. Bleach is a harsh chemical and could end up damaging your hair if you’re not careful. So, to avoid that, to remove the colors safely, we suggest you do a bleach bath or bleach wash for your hair instead of simply bleaching
So, the decision to go blond is usually a drastic one! And not a decision that should be taken lightly! When you are blonding at home, there is something to be said about not having the expert knowledge to hand to make sure that you get the desired result, and let’s face it, we want to do our own hair colour creations at home so we can save money and stay safe!